Monday, April 18, 2016

20 time update: Surveying

During the past couple weeks, I have finished creating my questionnaire that I am using to determine whether people are at risk for diabetes and heart disease. I have also interviewed 3 people using this questionnaire, and I think that it is proving reasonably effective.

My questionnaire originally contained quite specific numbers to determine whether a person was at risk for diabetes or heart disease. However, as I did my first interview, I realized that the majority of people don't know their exact test results, and at most they will remember whether it was in the low, normal, or high range. I shifted my questionnaire slightly to measure people's awareness of their own risk factors. I also used their answers of results being in the low, normal, or high range to determine their level of risk.

My next steps are to continue giving the questionnaire to more people; the more people I include in my study, the more accurate it will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment